Thursday, April 17, 2008

Revenge

Ky'mera, Mully, and Novak return to Kingsholm after a couple weeks cleansing a nearby dungeon.
"Remember, I jump forth, and crush him skull... that poor, dead wizard; I still have him blood on my blade" remarks Novak as he licks his sword. "He cast that weak force spell, but I smash right through it." "Kord, rest his soul; I take him life for you." “Did you see me Ky, did you?” Novak asks excitedly.
"That was a good fight... but now I look forward to resting and communing with nature. That was too long underground" explains Ky’mera.
“You funny Halflings; you love trees” remarks Novak.
Mully comes back from the bushes after taking a leak. “I just killed a beetle with my urine. He tried to fly away but I drenched him and he drowned in the little pool I created for him. It doesn’t matter the weapon; my aim is so good I can even kill with my dick” Mully brags to his friends.
Ky’mera and Novak chuckle at the story and they continue on their way.
The adventurers make their way back to Ky'mera's village of Kingsholm when a young human boy, taller than Ky’mera, approaches. “Ky’mera, Ky’mera, Nerard needs to see you. Quick, it’s about your father.” Ky’mera looks at Mully and Novak; they were just about to part ways so Mully and Novak could go back to their respective villages. Instead, they give a nod and the three friends hustle to see Nerard. On the way, between breaths, Ky’mera explains that Nerard is his father’s best friend, and even though Nerard is human (with some feint orcish blood), they have been tight friends for years and even adventured together in past.
The adventurers arrive together to see Nerard on his porch hunched over in a chair, looking down, with a pensive look on his face. So deep in thought, he almost doesn’t notice the adventurers approach. Startled by the proximity of others, he piers up and looks straight at Ky’mera. “Come here, my son” says Nerard. Ky’mera takes a couple steps forward. “I am glad you have friends close to bear the news I am about to give you. I don’t know how to tell you this, Ky’mera.”
“What is it,” Ky’mera anxiously asks.
“It’s your father,” explains Nerard. “He’s been killed. And even worse, the assassin has taken his head so we can’t even raise the body. He died valiantly… I’m sorry Ky’mera.”
“NNNOOOOOOOO!”, screams Ky’mera as he begins to sob. “Let me see him! Let me see him now!”
Nerard tries to comfort and calm him but to no avail. “I don’t think this is wise Ky’mera.”
“Let me see him now! Who did this? Why?”
“There are some things I need to tell you, Ky’mera. But I don’t think now is the time. Please take some time to pray and clear your head, and I will tell you all you need to know,” explains Nerard.
Ky’mera nods his head in acknowledgement, and Mully and Novak follow Ky’mera back to his burrow where Ky’mera goes into his study, kneels, and does not move for almost an hour. Ky’mera finally gets up, walks to his friends in the waiting room, and gets a slight smirk at the awkward sight of the large half-orc sitting in a small 1 foot chair. “Thank you for waiting. I am thankful that you guys are still here,” Ky’mera breaks the 45 minute silence of the burrow. “I need to talk to Nerard. Will you guys come with me?”
“Of course,” says Mully. Novak also nods, still not sure if he should speak or not.
The three leave the burrow and make their way back to see Nerard…

No comments: